Sweet Memories by Nicolette Larson

Find more artists like Nicolette Larson at MySpace Music

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing 13: Online Productivity Tools

At work, we use Google Apps for Ed. and I have an iGoogle page I have been working on. I plan to add many of these things soon. At home, I use Comcast and just use their webpage, but I think I may change using what I've been learning. Probably I will change to iGoogle, too, but all our home email is Comcast. Oh, well, changes are hard. The countdown clock gadget did not countdown for me so I found one just doing a search for countdown clocks. One of my favorite sites will be Zamzar that converts file types. I get many files from my sister/brother-in-law in Africa and they sometimes come in a file type I don't have and I need to change it in order to read it. I've never had Microsoft Word at home, either and for years, I've used OpenOffice.org. This is an excellent word document program that supports several file formats and it is free. Online calendars are so necessary at work and we use Google calendaring. I really need to find one for home and these suggestions should help me decide.

No comments: