Sweet Memories by Nicolette Larson

Find more artists like Nicolette Larson at MySpace Music

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thing 11: Tagging and Del.icio.us

I set up an account in Del.icio.us and I don't really like it as much as my regular bookmarks. It's interesting to see what other sites link to yours, but it's just too cluttered and you have to browse through many pages instead of scrolling down a neat list. I'll try it out for awhile. Tagging can lead on to infinity it seems. it's great for people hungry for more information. Therefore, libraries should be using tagging in ways to reach their community with projects, online groups and brainstorming ideas.

1 comment:

jd aka diane said...

I feel the same as you do ... more cluttered vs. a neat list.
But I have been giving my del.icio.us acct a try anyway. I've just not had much time to go in & add all the tags to my links. So it does take me a little longer to find my link, tag it etc. & then go to it.
This library's del.icio.us acct looks a bit better with "bold" catagtories: http://del.icio.us/menashalibrary